Digital Receipt #2

Teresa Calcano

Rhetorical analysis is to understand a way to convince others visually, aurally, textual, or through sensory interpretation. There are three methods I use rhetorical analysis in my everyday life. My first method of using rhetorical analysis is through interviews. I assert that I am a responsible person who takes her work seriously. I put on my button-collared shirt with my trousers to persuade my interviewer as a potential candidate to hire. By sitting up correctly and talking confidently, I show my interviewer that I am confident and can be a good employee. To get them intrigued, I use words such as efficiency, and understanding, and positively explain my weaknesses at the workplace. My second method of using rhetorical analysis is through convincing. For example, I convinced my friend to listen to a new pop artist I found. I influenced her by explaining that she is an artist that brings confidence to her listeners and cares about self-love and acceptance. I showed a few of her songs and explained the message behind her song and music video. Therefore, I encourage my friend how the artist stands out in the music industry. Also, I demonstrate that the pop genre can bring a message, such as the RNB genre or Rap. My third method of using rhetorical analysis is through social media. For example, on my Facebook, the pictures are of me and family members outside. Through these pictures, people can assume I am a family person; I am a very outgoing and social person. My social media can influence my friend requests or determines who will approach me to be friends and who won’t. Almost all of my Instagram followers are fashion pages or college students. They are adults with many accomplishments. My following can tell people that I like fashion, I have goals and am working toward them, and I am pursuing a college degree.