Digital Receipt #2

Based on “Backpacks vs. Briefcases: Steps Towards Rhetorical Analysis” by Laura Bollin Carrol, people use rhetorical analysis in daily life to communicate with other people without even realizing that it was used. Rhetorical analysis can be used to solve problems and help people interact with one another. For instance, I use rhetorical analysis to decide where to eat with my friends. Before going to a restaurant to have dinner, I would search up the rating of restaurants and view their comments on social media platforms. This would help me have a basic understanding of how the quality of the service the restaurant provides to its customers. In addition, I would view the images of the environment and food to see if I like the environment and the food served by the restaurant. If I am satisfied with the restaurant after viewing these factors, I would suggest the restaurant to my friends and try to persuade them to eat there. In order to persuade them, I would present them with images of the most popular dishes served by the restaurant and encourage them to try it out since it looks very delicious. If there’s videos of people visiting the restaurant on YouTube, I would also watch the video to have a detailed outlook of the restaurant before visiting the restaurant. Video is a more effective way compared to looking at posts because it will show the audience a direct review of the restaurant and help people make their choice more effectively. Looking through social media posts become essential in people’s life because it gives people ideas and inspires people to try different things in the world that they might not try without looking at the post. In today’s society, social media platforms play a major role in all topics such as politics, fashion, sports, and games. Videos and posts on social media help everyday people make their choice and influence one another to support their beliefs.